Keeping in view its mandate for agricultural prosperity in the NE Region, NERAMAC usually undertakes activities such as:
· Procurement & marketing different agro-horticultural produce like Ginger, Bird’s Eye Chillies, Maize, Black Pepper, Raw Cashew Nut, Pineapple, Supari, Brooms etc. outside the region to help the farmers in getting economic returns.
· NERAMAC also undertakes responsibility of marketing agro-horticultural inputs like Fertilizers, Seeds etc. keeping in view of the overall agricultural development of the region.
· Marketing assistance to small and cottage scale food processing units of the region.
· NERAMAC has exported True Potato Seeds (TPS) produced in the NEC sponsored project at Nagichera, Tripura. So far, TPS were exported to Bangladesh, Indonesia, Nepal, Mexico and South Korea.
· Marketed pineapple pulp to Hindustan Unilever Ltd., & is also marketing frozen pineapple juice concentrate and litchi pulp from the North Eastern Region and supply to M/s. Dabur Foods, Nepal.
· NERAMAC markets cashew nut processed by different processing units in Mankachar District of Assam and Phulbari region of Meghalaya.
· NERAMAC is making attempts to generate employment by providing Juice Vending Machines on franchise basis. This scheme is aimed at, apart from employment generation, creation of alternate marketing structure for natural juice and other processed products and fresh fruits & vegetables of NE Region.
· NERAMAC is also providing training on Post Harvest Management and fruit processing from time to time to develop entrepreneurs for value addition of the agro-horticultural produces grown in the region in collaboration with institutions like Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI), Mysore and other constituents Laboratories of CSIR/Agricultural Universities etc.
· NERAMAC is making its first foray into the lucrative Delhi market by introducing its products in six of the capital's malls through a comprehensive campaign by organising week long launch events with the sponsorship of North Eastern Council (NEC). It will also set up retail outlets in select malls in the capital to sell select produce of the region by showcasing produce of the North East in the country's prime market. Such mall festivals would surely increase visibility of products and attract customers to the naturally grown organic produce of the region.